Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Butterflies

Butterflies In this world there are many strange insects, butterflies are one of them. They are wonderful fliers, and wonderful honey collectors. Butterflies have strange facts about themselves like they have holes along their sides to breathe, the holes are called spiracles. Also butterflies have patterns on their wings to scare off their predators. Butterflies have green blood, also they are cold blooded because of the air around them. When there wings are wet they wait until the sun warms them up then they would be able to fly again. If butterflies do not use their tongue they roll it up like a swirly straw. A butterfly has thousands of lenses in their eyes but us humans have only one. Butterflies are very gentle and would never hurt you because butterflies are very nice and gracious fliers. Butterflies can be very special.

Screenshot 2014-04-11 at 08.06.01.png

5 comments:

  1. Hi Faith
    I didn't know that butterflies have green blood. Can you tell me what kind of species of butterflies in the world? I like that you research lots of information even information about things we don't really know like butterflies have green blood. Well keep up the great work Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa Lava Faith,
    I really love the way you have been inspired by butterflies and you have written their daily life span also you have used the main keys and I didn't know that butterflies collect honey.Do you know what butterflies eat?

    From Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faith what beautiful work you have and I love how you started your beginning.
    By:Tino

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faith,
    I love your report on butterflies. You clearly explained why butterflies are strange creatures. Can you make your font bigger next time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry for the picture not able to be seen. I cannot change it because I did not post this.

    ReplyDelete